Thursday, October 31, 2013

Closet Clean-Out: Clothing Edition

My sincerest apologies for not posting the rest of my closet clean-out last week, but things were chaotic!  I had 11 visitors stay with me over the weekend (so fun, btw)!  I purged well over 100 pieces of clothing, mostly because I don't wear them.  Brady's closet is already packed fort the move, so I was able to use his closet to help sort clothes out.  It's so nice to fit all of my clothes in the closet now without having to wedge hangers in!  While having a Texas sized walk-in to myself has been lovely, the built-in 1925 home in NY isn't so accommodating on the closet space!    

I took all of the clothes to Plato's Closet, who was VERY selective. They bought only three items, which were from TJ Maxx, Ross & Marshall's.  I was surprised they weren't interested in any of the name brand items (7, Miss Me, Big Star, J. Crew, Banana Republic, Gap, Ann Taylor).  Anyways, we had a moving sale Saturday so I just sold most of the clothes there and made several hundred dollars.  It's a sad sad feeling seeing a bag of shoes walk out of your life for less than you paid for one of those pairs!  

In the few days between the closet purge and actually getting rid of them, I saved one piece from the chopping block.  A week later, I'm still glad I did.  Although I haven't worn it yet this year, this tweed cropped blazer is a timeless piece!

I still can't believe I forgot to take pictures of the clothes before getting rid of them, Eek!  Please forgive me, I'm still new to the blogging world!  I got rid of four large plastic totes and a blue Ikea bag full of clothes.  For a little perspective, here's a shot of all the lonely hangers (please excuse the hubby's shotgun)!


This woman is looking to rebuild her wardrobe, slowly but surely!  Out of all the pieces in your closet, which is your very favorite, must-have, go-to, can't live without piece??

xoxo,
Sarah Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment