Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Style Mission

After years of heading straight for the sale rack in stores, wearing hand-me-downs or impulse buying trendy items I'd only wear once (or never), it's finally time to up my game.  This blog will follow along with me on my style evolution!  

Every few years I try to clean out my closet, but I don't get rid of nearly enough.  Here are a few things that run through my head that stall the clean-out:

1. "I paid a lot of money for that, I'd feel so guilty getting rid of it."
2. "Even though it's too small, I'll be able to wear that again one day."
3. "It was a gift, and would be rude to get rid of."

Well, times they are a changing!  It is time for the ultimate closet cleanse.  So what if it was pricey, I don't wear it.  Let's be real, I'll never fit into it again, & if I do, it will probably be out of style by then.  Lastly, people give gifts, they shouldn't come with conditions & the gift giver wouldn't want the item to be a burden if you no longer wear the piece!  I can't wait to free up real estate in the closet for new pieces!

What's your process for cleaning out the closet?  Do you have any roadblocks that stop you from purging?


xoxo
Sarah Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment