Thursday, October 31, 2013

October Spending Recap

As part of this new style adventure, I've decided to start tracking my expenditures to make sure things don't get out of hand.  We are currently moving from TX to NY, so our whole budget has been turned upside down for the time being.  As I find a job in NY and we get settled, I'll be able to set a more definite clothing budget sometime after Thanksgiving.  For now, I'll just track what I do spend as a reference!

October has been a light shopping month, since I've been busy packing up/painting stuff at our house in TX, plus not having too much on the social calender (bachelorette party & wedding).  Also, I'm in a purging state of mind with the move, so I haven't done much shopping lately!

I spent $54(ish) on clothing in October.  Here's what I came away with:

hmprod (384×449)
H&M LBD $24.95 {Now on Sale $12.95}


kensie.gif (110×55)


I am a sucker for tights in the fall/winter, and at $8 a pair at Target, they can slowly add up if you ruin them as often as I do.  Whether it's my pup Lola, my boots rubbing on the calf, or just me clumsily running into things, I go through tights pretty quickly.  I was excited to find a great deal at Ross Dress for Less on Kensie tights.  They were packaged in sets of two for only $4.99.  I picked up a black set, a brown set, and also found a fleece lined pair for $5.99.  I thought they might come in handy up north!  Ross doesn't offer online shopping, so be sure to check in your local Ross.






316010.jpg (440×550)
Dallas Sam Moon's $12.99 {Similar}


philosophy-di-alberta-ferretti-yooxcom-blazers-philosophy-di-a-f-blazer.jpg (129×205)
I purchased a blazer similar to this one at TJ Maxx.  I decided it had a little bit too much pink in it, so back it went!  I loved it, but building the wardrobe back up I wanted to hold out for a closet staple more like this.  There's no shame in buyer's remorse, as long as you kept your receipt!  

xoxo, 
Sarah Jane  

No comments:

Post a Comment